Monday, April 19, 2010

Welcome!

Hi Everyone!

Maybe you're a member of Horicon Phoenix Program, and you're looking for the latest news on one of our many projects. Maybe you're a member of the Horicon Community, and you're looking for something interesting to do. Or maybe you just stumbled across our blog accidentally. Whatever brings you here, welcome!

Horicon Phoenix Program was founded in 2008 to help Horicon become a better place to live. We're just ordinary citizens with not so ordinary dreams. I used to think I was the only person in my town of 3,500 or so people who wanted to buy more things locally, make more of my own things, avoid buying strawberries in January, maybe put up a few solar panels some day, produce my own food, help people who are struggling, listen to good music, have fun, participate in health-promoting community activites, and teach my kids some lessons they just aren't getting at their (very good) public school. But a few years ago I found I was not the only one, and Phoenix was born (or reborn? anyway....)

We're still a young group, and we're all working hard on the projects we've already started. So I'm going to make an appeal right here, right now. If even one of the things I've already mentioned sounds like your cup of tea, or you find anything on this blog that sparks your interest, PLEASE consider joining our group. We are all volunteers. Nobody gets paid. And there's so much more we want to do. But we have not figured out to how to pack any more hours into one day. So we need more people! We need your energy and your ideas. And we always have fun together! Come see for yourself. Phoenix meets every first Monday of the month at 6:30 at City Hall.

So don't just complain about the problem. Be part of the solution. That's what we're here to do. See you soon!
Jenni Rettmann, Director

No comments:

Post a Comment